Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The happiest place on Earth is only 5 days away

We are 3 days away from leaving for our vacation and 5 days away from being where they house the mouse!  

I have spent about 6 months doing my homework and planning every detail for this vacation.  It is a much needed vacation.  So, for this pre-trip I am just going to go through our long checklist of everything.

1. game plan
2. car ready (oil change, clean, triple aaa)
3. car activities
4. snacks
5. clothes
6. toiletries
7. camera other electronics (ipod, phones/chargers, back-up batteries)
8. enough memory in electronics
9. Cat ready
10. house ready
11. money
12. clean house
13. Lawn in order
14. Laundry
15. traveling documents (2 copies)

my check lists in my jibber jabber
  As you can see I am already late on some to-dos but that is so I see it as a notification!


This is a generalized list of all the things I do when I get ready to go on any trip.  There is a lot involved but it is worth it knowing you are away and things are taken care of at home and you have what you need on your trip.  I complete and can check off a lot of items on this list however there are a few important items I have yet to accomplish.  I still have time it is only Tuesday and I have till Friday.  Some things you cannot do till a day or two before and those are mainly the things I have yet to cross off. 



To help me along with the packing and getting ready I use an app called Packing Pro for the iphone.  This app does cost maybe a dollar but that is a small price to pay.  The app includes a default list, you can customize your own list and more importantly it saves your list so you can use it in the future.  This app really helped me last year when I went on my honeymoon I had everything that I needed and then some. I am using it again this year to make sure I have everything again.  I have provided the link to the App if anyone is interested.

my customized list.  The nice thing is on any item you can detail to what bag the item is in. 


https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/packing-pro/id312266675?mt=8

This App is really useful when you are flying and are limited to what you can take with you.  Also, you will have an inventory when you need to return from your trip ensuring you wont forget anything while on vacation!


In addition to getting ready to go on I have to move desks at work; so I have to clean out my cubicle this week.  Also, we have some friends staying at our house while we are away this means we have to clean house from top to bottom.  Luckily we did a lot of it this weekend already.  Please let me know what you do to get vacation ready.  You can email me at  dislizney13@gmail.com or you can make a comment in the section below. If you enjoy the blog and are following along please let me know!

Also this will be my last post until after the big trip!  My next post will be a trip report as well as clips from the vaca!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is much appreciated!